Maritime / Off Shore
Maritime applications impose special requirements on IT equipment due to tough environmental conditions at sea. Computers are usually located in a protected, watertight area and separated from peripheral devices by means of ruggedized KVM extenders to give users full control, as though the computers were local to them. KVM matrix switches enable selection and switching between individual computers and users in response to operational conditions, meeting the demands and requirements of ships of all sizes.
Draco tera compact switches comply with IEC 60945, maritime navigation and radiocommunication equipment and systems.
Case studies about recent KVM installations
- Royal Caribbean Cruise Line (Draco tera compact)
- Hong Kong Harbour (Draco tera compact & Draco ultra DP 1.2)
- Mittelplate (Draco tera compact)
- PGS (Draco tera enterprise)
- Haifa RCC (Draco tera compact)
- De Keizer Marine Engineering (Draco major)
- Fugro Searcher (DVXi)